Boston Female Medical School

Reference is made to a pamphlet telling of this school, which has been operating for two years, having been incorporated during the last session of the legislature.  With that incorporation came all the powers to establish a Female Medical Society, a Maternity Hospital, and to provide practice in the department of Midwifery  — “thirty intelligent and enterprising women have received credit as practitioners…”   (Liberator, September 13, 1850)